Cut to the chase. Here is how you do it.
- Load the IIS 7 management console. I’m assuming here you have IIS7 installed since its required for the Windows Azure SDK.
- Click on your Server.
- Double Click Server Certificates in the IIS Section in the main panel.
- Click Create Self-Signed Certificate… in the Actions panel.
- Give it a Friendly Name.
- Close IIS Manager.
- Open Certificate Manager (Start->Run->certmgr.msc)
- Open Trusted Root Certification Authorities, then Certificates.
- Look for your certificate (Tip: Look in the Friendly Name column).
- Right Click your certificate, then choose All Tasks, then Export…
- In the Wizard, choose No, do not export the private key, then choose the DER file format.
- Give your cert a name. (remember to call it something.cer).
- Navigate to the Windows Azure Portal – http://windows.azure.com
- Click the Account Tab, then click Manage My API Certificates.
- Browse to the certificate file you created earlier and upload it.
THIS POSTING IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES, AND CONFERS NO RIGHTS